Deli Sandwiches for 50
Select any combination of deli meat, cheese & bread you like.
- 1 lb sliced ham
- 1 lb sliced turkey
- 1 lb sliced roast beef
- 1 lb sliced salami
- 1 lb sliced pastrami
- 1 lb sliced cheddar cheese
- 1 lb sliced swiss cheese
- 1 lb sliced marble cheese
- 1 lb sliced havarti cheese (with dill or herbs)
- 1 loaf white bread, sliced
- 1 loaf wheat bread, sliced
- 1 loaf rye bread, sliced
- 1 load sourdough bread, sliced
- 12 Kaiser rolls, pre-cut
- 12 onion buns, pre-cut
- 10 medium sized tomatoes, sliced
- 2 heads iceburg lettuce or leaf lettuce, separate leaves
- 2 sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 1 bottle sliced pickles
- 1 large bottle of mayo
- 1 large bottle of mustard
- 1 large bottle of honey mustard
- 1 large bottle of deli or grainy mustard
Cut squares of sliced cheese on the diagonal to make triangles. Roll up meat slices. Arrange cheese and meat on tray(s). Arrange tomatoes, lettuce, onions & pickles on another tray. Arrange breads & rolls in serving baskets. Make sure rolls are already sliced. Put mayo & mustards in serving dishes.
- Many grocery stores sell prepared meat & cheese trays. Shop around for prices. Prepared trays may not cost that much more especially when you consider your time and effort.
- It's better to prepare several smaller meat & cheese trays and condiment trays rather than one large one. Then you can replace empty trays with full, fresh ones.
- Put out small amounts of breads & rolls at a time. Otherwise they may dry out. Replace empty baskets with full fresh ones.
- Keep all ingredients cool by keeping trays on ice tubs or kiddie pools of ice.